Mini Baskets

 And another Easter pattern moved over from my old blog: Mini Baskets!




Original post from April 20414:
I got the idea to make mini baskets from my friend Sheri of Frogging Along. She sent me a picture of a basket she WIPped up and I FELL IN LOVE! After making several using her pattern the idea to put little treats (non-food) in them and leave them around town for people to find came to me. I have heard of this done with other objects and have always loved the idea!!! And with Easter coming up, it's just perfect timing. But I decided that I would like more than one type of basket, so I designed a few myself.
Thank you Sheri for the inspiration! And for everyone else, definitely go and check out her
Mini Treat Basket...it is so stinkin' cute!

And now for my versions:

The basket pictured above reminds me of a vase or a flower pot. I'm not sure, but it makes me think flowers!

MATERIALS NEEDED (For both versions):
Worsted Weight 100% cotton (although any WW Yarn would work)
I Hook
Yarn Needle

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Magic Ring, 8 hdc in ring
2. 2 hdc arnd (16) (Pull ring closed)
3. *2 hdc, hdc* arnd (24)
4. In BLO: *2 hdc, sk 1* arnd, join with sl st, ch 1 (24)
5-9. In Back Bar Only (3rd loop): *2 hdc, sk 1* arnd, join with sl st, ch 1 (24)
10. *sc, ch 1* in each st around (DO NOT FASTEN), Ch 16, sl st to opposite side, sc back across ch and sl st to beginning ch. Fasten.



I loved how Sheri's basket was rounded, so I decided to come up with one that was rounded but still had a little texture. This reminds me of a cauldron or pot o' gold! 

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Magic Ring, 8 hdc in ring
2. 2 hdc arnd (16) (Pull ring closed)
3. *2 hdc, hdc* arnd (24)
4. In BLO: *sc, dc* arnd, sl st to join, ch 1 (24)
5. *(sc, dc), sc, (dc, sc), dc* arnd, join with sl st, ch 1 (32)
6. *sc, dc* arnd, join with sl st, ch 1 (32)
7. *dec, dc* arnd, join with sl st, ch 1 (24)
8. *sc, sc* arnd, join with sl st, ch 1 (24)
9. *dc, sc* arnd! join with sl st, ch 1 (24)
10. In FLO: *(sc, ch 2, sc), sk 1* arnd, fold down.
HANDLE:
Ch 18, *(sc, ch 2, sc), Sk 1* down ch. Turn and repeat on opposite side (so that you are working the sts into the same ch on other side).


Have fun! Thanks for stopping by! Join my Blackstone Designs Crochet Community group on Facebook to stay up to date, receive special offers, pattern support, and so much more!







Written Pattern © 2014 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,