NICU Charity Challenge

A couple of months ago I was contacted by Bonnie Potter of Sunset Crochet to design a hat for NICU babies for a crochet charity event she heads every year. I was honored to be invited!




I went right to work and I designed a beanie...but I completely hated it.
So, I went back to the drawing board and came up with something else fun and unique.
I know typically you think soft colors for the cute and cuddly baby look, but I wanted it to be something that was bold and strong, because these littles are warrior babies! 

But, the best part is, this is a collaborative effort and there are 19 other designers with 19 other totally amazing beanies for babies!
The designers are:


Sunset Crochet
Cre8tion Crochet
KT and the Squid
Danyel Pink Designs












RAKJ Patterns
Blackstone Designs (Me)
Little Monkeys Crochet
My Sweet Potato 3











The Hooked Haberdasher
Sincerely Pam
Susie J Crochet
Crochet by Jennifer











Charmed by Ewe
Ashley Designs Corner
Knit in the Womb Designs
Hatched with Love










 Two Brothers Blankets
The Stitchin' Mommy
Mamachee
Frayed Knot










After designing the beanie and having a couple worked up I decided I would send them to my local NICU, but because I don't want to send in only 3 hats, I have decided that I too will be participating in this challenge!

For more information on the challenge go to Sunset Family Living.
To sign up for the challenge, see the form on the sidebar of this blog!

There's also a cool little badge you can use to let everyone know you're participating!


I so hope you will join us!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,