Battle Bulb Pattern - Battle of the Stitches Round 3

It's Battle of the Stitches time again and this girl right here is a Round 3 challenger. I'm so excited! I knew I was going to need to put my thinking cap on...but I didn't have one, so I immediately went to work on making one! At first I thought about making an actual cap, but then my lightbulb came on (haha!) and I made this headband instead!

Anyway, I want to share the pattern with you...of course!





MATERIALS
Worsted Weight Yarn
   -Light Yellow
   -Light Gray
   -White
G Hook
Fiberfill
Fabric Paint
   -White
   -Black
   -Red
   -Pink
Yarn needle
Optional: Hot Glue/Glue Gun

STITCH GUIDE
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dec = decrease
FLO = front loop only
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
st = stitch

NOTES
Pattern is worked in continuous rounds without joins or chains.
Beginning chains do not count as stitches.

Light Bulb
Starting with Light Yellow
1. Magic Ring, 6 sc in ring (6)
2. 2 sc in each st arnd (12)
3. *2 sc, sc* arnd (18)
4. *2 sc, sc x 2* arnd (24)
5. *2 sc, sc x 3* arnd (30)
6. sc in each st arnd (30)
7. *2 sc, sc x 4* arnd (36)
8-15. sc in each st arnd (36)
16. *dec, sc x 4* arnd (30)
17. *dec, sc x 3* arnd (24)
18. *dec, sc x 2* arnd (18)
19. *dec, sc x4* arnd (15)
20-22. sc arnd (15)
Switch to Light Gray
23. FLO: sc arnd
24. 2 sc in each st arnd (30)
25. sc in each st arnd (30)
26. *2 sc, sc x4* arnd (35)
27. sc in each st arnd (35)
Fasten.
Stuff the light bulb with fiberfill and using the fabric paint to add eyes, a mouth, and pink hearts for cheeks. Set aside to dry.

Pull Chain
With Light Gray
Chain 40, Fasten.

Headband
With White 
*Ch 2 counts as 1st dc

1. Ch 5, dc in 3rd ch from hook & in last 2 chs, ch 2, turn (4)
2. Sk 1st dc, dc in nxt 2 dc, dc in turning ch, ch 2, turn (4)
3-34. Repeat row 2
Fasten.
Sew ends together, being careful not to twist.

Finish
Once the fabric paint is dry on the light bulb, sew or glue the bulb to the opening directly over the headband to close it up. (Make sure bulb if facing straight!) Attach pull chain to rnd 24 of light bulb with yarn needle.


Oh and by the way, this is the real me:

















Have fun with your light bulbs and please follow along with the Battle!!

Feel free to add your projects to Ravelry and share them on my Facebook!
Sonya


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,